Friday, March 11, 2016

GAME

I love the word "game" for its many meanings - particularly that it implies play as well as being up for anything. The 5th grade team at Oaklawn is game. And they've got game. Today we shot "Right Before Paul Revere's Ride," a script I wrote as a teaser for kids who will soon be making their own films, and of course also an opportunity for the team to show off their considerable acting chops.

I have to say that this was guerilla-style filmmaking that could only be pulled off by a teaching team with a 45 minute PLC meeting time available. These people know how to get things done, and can do it in record time while looking reeaallllly good. Teachers don't get enough credit for the daily magic necessary for making silk purses out of sows' ears. I love that this team is willing to look silly and go the extra mile for the sake of fun, meaningful learning for their students. Their kids will never forget this!

*Photo credit Lori Smith


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your new link. I want to see this video:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great start! I am looking forward to seeing how this project grows.

    ReplyDelete